32 Hartwell Avenue
| Work from home flexibility
Job Number: 20071
Position: Network Support Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA - Hybrid (onsite at least twice a week until fully trained and thereafter one day a week)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6+ months
Oversees the installation, configuration and ongoing maintenance of networked information systems. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help configure and install internal and external networks. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Experience and familiarity in the following areas:
- Configure, ship and activate company LAN/WAN hardware including routers, switches and wireless devices.
- Assist to identify and resolve network outages in a timely manner.
- Assist in the planning, execution and completion of other Network Engineering projects as needed.
- Collaborate with external vendors and service providers to resolve network outages.
- Work with customers directly as needed to address network issues and escalate as necessary.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with tasks that require a better understanding of networking.
- May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to immediate manager for resolution as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various interdepartmental projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Wireless technologies 802.11b/g/n, 802.11a, 802.11ac
- Aruba wireless networks, Airwave and ClearPass platforms desired
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure and APIC-EM desired
- Network monitoring applications such as Solarwinds and Nagios
- Customer service ticketing programs such as Remedy and ServiceNow
- Remote client support
- Cisco: router models: 2900, 3600, 4300, etc.; switch models: 2900, 3800, 9200, etc
- Aruba: controllers/gateway models: 620, 7005, 9004, etc; switch models: 6200; AP models: 105, 205, 305, 505
- Routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, OSPF
- Data Link protocols such as CDP, STP, VTP, LLDP
- Router IOS filters such as Access Control Lists, Route-maps, and Network Address Translation
- DMVPN configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of cabling technologies: UTP (Category 3, 5, 5e and 6), fiber optic (single mode, multi-mode) and coaxial
- 2 - 5 years related experience, advanced degree without experience or equivalent direct work-related experience.
- Current CCNA certification preferred.
- Network troubleshooting and wireless network experience.
- Ability to communicate with varied audiences.
- Previous experience in hospital environments strongly preferred.
- Skilled in all areas of network design from planning and pre-testing through deployment and implementation.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Proven experience and success with LAN and WAN design and implementation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.