Network and Technical Support Engineers
Position: Network and Technical Support Engineers (2 Openings)
Location: Jackson, MS – mostly remote, but will have to service Mississippi regions: North, Central and South
Job Type: Contract
The following is a range of anticipated tasks to be performed:
- Plan, design, prepare specifications, and assist in evaluation of procurements to implement local and campus area networks, and instructional labs.
- Assist in designing, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting network hardware, software, ancillary services, and network communication gateways to other computing environments.
- Make recommendations for modifications and enhancements to networks.
- Assist in developing criteria for utilization of network monitoring software.
- Assist in developing methods and criteria for network traffic data collection and analysis.
- Assist in network operations, and in identifying and resolving network (and component) operating problems with other Vendors and local school/school district staff.
- Provide supporting expertise to other technical staff members in installing and configuring network equipment and in resolving user and systems problems.
- Provide assistance in managing e-mail servers, including archival of e-mail and spam management.
- Provide assistance with the migration/conversion of e-mail services to new hardware and/or software.
- Provide assistance with server upgrades and consolidation.
- Provide a consistent resource to schools and school districts during periods of technology coordinator turnover/attrition.
- Support and troubleshoot video conferencing solutions.
- Assist school districts during their long-range technology planning efforts.
- Provide network security assessments.
- The scope of this LOC does not include application software support, such as de-bugging, enhancements and ad hoc report generation.
Bachelor’ s degree
- Security Certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and SysAdmin, Audit, Network, and Security (SANS), and COMPTIA Security Plus
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE), Microsoft Certified IT Professional Server Administrator (MCITP- SA), or Microsoft Certified IT Professional Enterprise Administrator (MCITP-EA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) with experience including, but not limited to, connecting into routers via PCs and laptops, examining interfaces, pinging and tracing routes; and basic IP configuration