NextGen Clinical Systems Analyst
14200 W Celebrate Life Way Phoenix, Arizona 85338-3007
Position Title: NextGen Clinical Systems Analyst
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ area
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: yes, or willing to relo
Required Skill Sets: NextGen Certified
The Applications Analyst reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs and the related systems. The role is responsible for assisting in the design of systems to parallel overall business strategies. He/she acts as an internal expert in terms of system capabilities and is also responsible for knowing what changes have been made to the base system. Additional responsibilities include assisting with: documenting functional and technical requirements, mapping process flows, documenting test plans, conducting system testing, documenting user manuals and administering training.
- Works with customers to understand their system requirements. Assists with mapping process models, designing technical solutions to satisfy requirements, and completing formal system testing.
- Works with vendors to be current on product features, and to support the alignment of the organization’ s implementation strategy with the product’ s roadmap. Using this information, he/she assists in educating the organization’ s end-users on available functionality.
- Assists in monitoring system performance and reports anomalies, errors, inaccuracies or inefficiencies. Makes recommendations as needed.
- Assists in the programming and configuration of changes to the application, interfaces, and database to ensure that the systems operate according to the end-user’ s needs.
- Collaborates closely with the user community and IT leadership to provide support for systems, projects and initiatives. Assists with the training, education, and instruction of users on features, operation, and usage of software systems.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures for the usage of information systems.
- Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration is required.
- 3-5 years of Healthcare IT experience
- 3+ years of experience in software implementation is required.
- Expertise with NextGen EMR and Practice Management
- Experience building and supporting NextGen
- Must possess a strong understanding of appropriate back office workflows, commercially available technology, relational database concepts, and package system implementations.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.