One Columbus Plaza New Haven, conn 06510-3326
Provide a high skill set and expertise in the development of JAVA Based Applications utilizing Search Engines and Database driven Applications and Web Sites. The candidate must have experience in the areas of installation, configuration, operation and design of Search Engine and Database applications. In addition, there is a need for an experienced DBA to maintain and provide operational support for both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Provide investigative skills to assist the Stakeholder(s) in the determination of detailed specification for Search Engine, Database driven Applications and Web Sites.
- Develop code for the interfacing of SE and DB driven applications.
- Provide support to the TeamSite Team Leader for TeamSite Maintenance. Training will be provided for this specific requirement but experience would be a plus.
- Provide insight into new techniques for the use and deployment of SE and DB driven systems.
- Design, build, upgrade and maintain Databases for support of eBusiness applications.
- Administering SQL & NoSQL Server Reporting services including report design, advanced scheduling and integrations. (SSRS)
- Performance tuning of complex stored procedures and database objects.
- Bug fixing and production support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- SQL and NoSQL Server DBA with 4+ years of experience and expertise using SQL Server Technology must have experience with NoSQL including:
- MS SQL Server 2012 and later.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2014/2016/later.
- MS SQL Server Management Studio.
- SQL Profiler.
- Reporting Services.
- Always On.
- Programming with T-SQL.
- Performance tuning.
- Design and implementation of SQL Server Disaster Recovery to meet defined business objectives.
- Implementation and support of high availability features including Clustering, Always On, Database Mirroring, and Replication.
- Tuning complex database systems for production systems at the application, database, and system levels.
- Developer level experience with Apache Solr Search Engine.
- Experience on Vblock hardware and VMware platform.
- System /process documentation experience.
- Hands on experience of developing GIS related applications using NoSQL data manipulation technologies (MongoDB, DocuDB, Cassandra or Cosmos DB is a plus).
- Should be utilizing MEAN stack (MongoDB/Angular.js) and JSON for data transfer and technologies related to server-side scripting.
- Should be familiar with REST web services and be able to use them day-to-day basis. Implement appropriate indexes (B-Tree, Geospatial, and Text) for MongoDB for performance improvement. Should be familiar with distributing data across multiple machines (Sharding).
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with:
- Bug fixing/production support of Search Engine and Databases.
- Linus/Unix concepts (command line tools).
- 5+ years of Web related Application/Infrastructure/Web Coding development experience.
- Ability to gather business requirements to translate into software capabilities (Technical).
- 5+ years of hands on experience with Design and Development of:
- Workflow Modelers to establish business process/flow.
- HTML, XML, XSLT, JSON, CSS Web application development technology.
- Java/J2EE, Angular2, Spring fame, Core Java, Restful API.
- Perl and Linux, Linux Scripting.
- Apache Solr or similar Search Engine.
- SQL/NOSQL/Relational Databases (MSSQL or MYSQL or MariaDB or Cassandra) as a DBA or developr.
Education: BS or BA preferred in Computer Science with Classes in Database Design and computer programming a major plus.
Experience: 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience with TeamSite a Plus (or similar Content Management System).