PM / Analyst
675 Main Street Middletown, CT 06457
Responsible for managing the complete life cycle of projects identified as priorities. This includes defining business objectives, vision, success criteria and measurement, budget and/or ROI analysis, scope, developing an implementation plan and project management throughout the project. Work with stakeholders in the system and application requirements, implementation and support services as part of project management.
- Manages IT and Business projects through project initiation, prioritization process, analysis, implementation and support.
- Establishes and oversees effort to scope the project, determine project objectives, approach and deliverables. Responsible for successful delivery and implementation of project within scope and on schedule and on budget.
- Develops and maintains project plans. Monitors project progress and performance to ensure completion of tasks, subtasks, and deliverables on schedule.
- Prioritizes, schedules, and administers all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Records, tracks, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicates application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Coordinates with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Identifies and escalate critical issues in a timely manner.
- Acts as a problem solver and drive decisions. Produces the final playbook for the project.
- Supports the tracking or success metrics for reporting
- Utilizes, contributes to, and trains others on project management methodology.
- Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of an Assoc Degree required / Bachelor’ s degree preferred, preferably in business or computer science
- 5+ years project management and business analysis experience
- Working knowledge of health care industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships with customers, stakeholders and team members
- Strong ability to collaborate with individual contributors to define business process issues, analyze operational efficiencies, implement creative solutions and measure delivery results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting technology problems
- Desire to assist in developing processes and systems
- Strong business acumen; ability to make high quality decisions and demonstrate excellent judgment
- Preferred Skills
- Knowledge of Workday / e-Clinical Works, GE Centricity
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record based Systems
- PMP certification - is not required, but a plus
- Assoc degree minimum / Bachelors preferred
- PM experience, preferably within IT