POS AppDev Analyst
25 Research Dr Westborough, Massachusetts 01582
Position Title: POS AppDev Analyst
Job Location: Westborough, MA
Interview Expectations: phone & in-person
Local Candidate: Yes
Required Skill Sets: Design and Programming experience with Toshiba 4690OS and ACE POS/CHEC application required
The Application Development Analyst is responsible for providing analytical, development, and configuration support for our Toshiba 4960OS/ACE POS and CHEC Application solutions. We seek those whose ultimate goals are to contribute to moving forward with the latest technologies that POS systems are adopting such as Mobility, Digital Integration, Promotions Execution, etc.
- Plan and manage basic projects. Also serve as a technical resource on other projects.
- Configuring applications according to department standards
- Create and execute unit and system test plans, and accurately document results
- Participate in creation and execution of implementation plans
- Analyze and tune application to improve system performance
- Recommend and perform technical evaluations of new vendor hardware and software products
- Ensure appropriate level of documentation
- At least 5 years of IT experience within a retail environment is essential
- Experience with POS technology (Registers, Self Checkout, and other peripherals)
- Strong testing and design background
- Experience in creating Technical Design documents, Technical specifications, Production supporting documents, Implementation plans, test plans and test cases
- Open systems experience preferred.
- Design experience with Toshiba 4690OS and ACE POS/CHEC application required.
- Programing experience required.
- Good problem solving skills are necessary.
- On call rotation as required.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with business stakeholders in a manner that fosters an inclusive environment.