Performance & Automation Test Lead
40 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02421
Position Title: Performance & Automation Test Lead
Job Location: Greater Boston
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: preferred, not required
Required Skill Sets: performance testing
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Lead the Performance and the Automation testing efforts.
- Participate as a Lead in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) team from initiation through to release following the Waterfall and/or Agile development methodologies.
- Participate in project meetings with cross functional team members and use your knowledge to establish goals for the Performance Testing milestones for the projects.
- Review the performance testing strategy including test planning, execution, analysis and reporting.
- Write performance test scripts in C programming language using Performance Center, execute and communicate the status of the performance tests.
- Perform technical and non-functional validations (response time, architecture pattern, resource consumption etc.) across the development life cycle.
- Work with system and development staff to resolve performance issues that may arise during testing and to resolve these issues.
- Provide application profiling support to assist in defect analysis, application and system tuning.
- Report performance test status to supervisor and cross functional team members.
- Ability to install and upgrade the Performance Center, ALM, and UFT as necessary to keep the tools on the latest releases.
Bachelors of Science or a MS degree, Computer Science preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years’ related experience; or a Master’ s degree with 6 years’ experience; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- 5+ years of solid experience with HPe Performance Center scripting in C programming language including writing, recording, editing, maintaining, executing performance scripts, analyzing and reporting results.
- 4+ years of experience as a Lead Performance and Automation Tester.
- Excellent understanding of the QA process and methodology and Defect Tracking process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with the local and remote QA team members, developers and business analysts.
- Ability to write and test SQL Queries in Oracle (via Toad).
- Working experience with performance testing of mobile applications.
- Working experience handling multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (Quality Center) and Jira.
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall SDLC methodologies and the role of performance testing in these methodologies.
- Ability to participate in product functional discussions, determine testing requirements and formulate them into a performance test design.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management and cross functional team members.
- Ability to participate in product design discussions and come up with testing requirements and formulate them into test plans/test cases.
- Great attention to details and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to handle multiple simultaneous projects (multi-tasking).
- Experienced in Web Based environments.