1 Capitol Hill
| Fully Remote
Category: Government, Software/Application Development and Architecture
Job Number: 19650
Position: PowerBI Developer
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months to start
- This position is on the Data Modernization Team within the Center for Health Data and Analysis and to will focus on dashboard infrastructure, dashboard creation, and maintenance.
- This Dashboard Developer position is responsible for the overall dashboard visualization approach for the client.
- This will include the development and implementation of agency-wide dashboard infrastructure and best practices to build and maintain internal/external dashboards and provide sustainability for the dashboard work that is already established.
- Dashboards provide a method for data reporting and response that is flexible, scalable, and visually appealing to inform timely and data-driven decision making.
- This position meets the need for the growing demand for dashboards across the company.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Coordinate with internal and external partners, including IT and Informatics, and facilitation of
- agency-wide workgroups
- Work across functions and divisions to ensure accurate capture of all data
- Identify and implement infrastructure for agency-wide dashboard production.
- Develop and share dashboard and visualization best practices
- Create new dashboards for areas of the company that are interested in visual routine reporting.
- Responsible for all aspects of dashboard production, including data access and ETL processes.
- Assist in identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as needed
- Provide guidance on ideal display/drill down of available data
- Routinely update some dashboards as needed for areas of the Department that do not have
- existing resources
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated skills in effective project management and leadership
- Knowledge of dashboarding best practices
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of audiences, such
- as department officials, academic partners, and community representatives
- Strong interpersonal and cultural competency as well as strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver presentations
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Science, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, computer science or related
- 3+ years’ experience with dashboard creation in PowerBI
- Experience identifying KPIs
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.