Principal Business Systems Manager - SAP Basis
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts
Position Title: Principal Business Systems Manager – SAP Basis
Job Location: Greater Bpston Area
Type: Direct Hire
Interview Expectations: Phone and In Person Preferred
Position Specific Information
- Seeking a " Business Systems Manager" with expertise in SAP Basis and Administration to join our SAP team in Waltham overlooking the reservoir at our Bay Colony Building.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- This position oversees the implementation and support of software applications to include the development of business processes, planning, the execution of the configuration and the management of the project.
SAP BASIS FOCUS:
- Installation of new SAP systems and instances to meet expanding business requirements. This includes translating requirements to hardware requirements and developing a time-line for the installation of hardware and software, and configuring the system.
- Plans and manages the upgrades and maintenance to the SAP systems and its environment, so that the SAP systems are near at current maintenance level, and supported by SAP.
- Works closely with other SAP and Infrastructure team members to optimize performance and troubleshoot problems. Provides assistance to IS developers on efficient use of the SAP system and its resources.
- Develops, maintains, and documents SAP operating procedures including backup and recovery of the SAP system, system error detection procedures, database reorganization, and SAP background job scheduling.
- Supports the installation and maintenance of new SAP Products/front-end installations (SAPGUI)
- Provide leadership role with the development, architecture and strategic direction of the various SAP environments.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in implementing, upgrading and configuring of SAP systems.
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with SAP S/4 HANA and BW/4 HANA, both implementation and migration as a basis expertise.
- Experience proposing SAP solutions that add significant value and/or cost savings for business.
- Hands on experience in SAP R/3 and BW Security roles & Authorizations.
- Experience working with SAP Cloud solutions such as SAP Concur, Ariba, CPI and AWS
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the implementation and support of software applications. Implementation projects are medium to large in size.
- Act as a liaison between the business and Corporate Information Systems to manage the coordination of the configuration, the development of business process, enhancements, and the stabilization of the business systems.
- Coordinate the configuration, development, training and maintenance across the sales, marketing and customer service organizations. Interfaces with all levels of users in these organizations to assist in defining and implementing the business process requirements.
- Assist in managing the creation of policies and procedures for the business and ensures adherence to CIA, FDA guidelines and GMT compliance.
- Responsible for provision of post implementation support.
- Research and determine Best Business Practices to meet the goals and objectives of the business.
- Support the business in the development of system reports to manage and measure the business processes.
- Validate and document configuration, enhancements, and development.
- Provide assistance to other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires between 10% - 30% travel.
- Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years’ related experience; or a Master’ s degree with 6 years’ experience; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- SAP Experience: - 7 years of SAP implementations and support of software applications for a business to include the development of business processes, planning, the execution of configuration, and the management of projects through implementation.
- Experience in project management.
- Excellent presentation, expectation management and training skills; consistently meeting specific needs of various client groups, project teams, and target audiences.
- Proficient in establishing working relationships with B & C levels of management and financial executives, project team members, super-users and end-users – and their various steering committees.
- Significant experience in aligning and identifying appropriate SAP and IT functional and technical skills and resources necessary to meet strategic goals and business objectives within prescribed timelines and budget parameters.
- Experienced in managing a culturally diverse workforce and business environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix management environment.
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office Products.
- Must be able to facilitate meetings to resolve issues/problems with a win/win result.
- EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity