Principal Workday Reporting Analyst
920 Winter St Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02451
Position: Principal Workday Reporting Analyst
Job Location: Greater Boston Area, Ma
The People Analytics team provides workforce insights and solutions that support the achievement of business imperatives, help identify solutions to key challenges, and uncover opportunities to improve the people experience and success. As a member of the team, the Principal Workday Reporting Analyst will serve as the subject-matter expert of Workday HCM reporting and analytics. The individual will play a key role in implementing Workday reporting & analytics globally and after go-live. The ideal candidate would have deep knowledge and hands-on experience implementing Workday HCM including working with business users to gather and comprehend business reporting requirements, using best practices in designing reporting solutions, participating in end user training, and supporting go-live.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the Workday implementation project as a reporting subject-matter expert and contribute expertise in Workday' s object model, delivered reports and dashboards, custom reports, calculated fields, report performance, security, testing, and deployment.
- Participate in workshops and design review sessions. Interact with all functional workstreams to understand reporting needs and ensure cohesive and cross-functional impacts are considered and mitigated for reporting.
- Help define the strategy of Workday HCM Reporting globally. Take global business requirements and translate those into simplified and organized reporting solutions. Support the development of Workday Reporting implementation roadmap.
- Analyze legacy reporting inventory, map reporting needs to Workday reporting options, identify strategies, risks, and options when gaps are identified, recommend approaches and mitigations to meet reporting requirements.
- Create or contribute to business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional specification documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and implementation documentation as necessary.
- Work with the System Implementation partner to develop and deploy standard and custom reports, dashboards, and scorecards across all functional modules.
- After go-live, develop and maintain simple to complex Workday reports (advanced and matrix).
- Work with technology/security teams to define and create calculated fields, security policies and other Workday objects to support the evolving reporting needs of the organization.
- Support HR Workforce Data & Reporting governance processes and ensure governance standards are followed.
- Lead efforts to analyze and optimize report performance.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in Workday Reporting and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 8+ years of progressive work experience
- 5+ years of experience with HCM reporting
- 2+ years of experience with Workday reporting, including advanced, matrix, dashboards, and scorecards
- Deep knowledge of Workday data sources and complex calculated fields
- Functional knowledge on Workday HR modules (Core HR, Absence, Recruiting, Compensation and Benefits, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in data privacy and its application to business requirements
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong desire to continue learning about new HCM technologies