Principle Business Systems Manager - SFDC
920 Winter Street Greater Boston area, Massachusetts 02421
Position: Principle Business Systems Manager – SFDC
Location: Greater Boston Area
Type: Direct Hire
Travel: 10-30% travel required.
Interview: Phone and In Person
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Interfaces with business leaders and end-users from corporate departments and business areas to scope, design, implement and manage the project to deliver solutions to the business. Understanding of solutions design and implementation, including requirements definition, data acquisition processes, data modeling, process automation, escalation procedures, construction and deployment.
- Customize/enhance existing Salesforce software environments, to improve system processes and user experience
- Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, communicate and manage salesforce business processes
- Research and determine best business practices to meet the goals and objectives of the business
- Influence other functional areas of the business to achieve business objectives. Facilitates meetings to resolve issues/problems
- Manage projects in successful execution of identified business solutions
- Assists in reviewing project scope and objectives and developing detailed requirements and documentation
- Configures Salesforce and works with Development team to ensure meeting the scope and requirements of Projects
- Coordinates and supports Business Users in User Acceptance Testing and Go Live planning to deliver projects on time
- 5-8 years of Salesforce.com Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud experience on both Classic and Lightning implementations of SFDC
- Solid understanding of Salesforce.com architecture and experience in leading complex projects
- Extensive experience in implementing Salesforce.com solutions from start to finish including analysis, requirements gathering, deploying, training and documentation
- Experience with using Salesforce to improve processes and productivity to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Proven working experience in Salesforce administration, developing objects, record types, page layouts, workflow rules and approvals
- Hands on configuration and data migration experience with large-scale, complex datasets, Salesforce data tools and apps
- Familiarity with Apttus and Veeva platforms and experience with Salesforce portals (Communities, Partner, or Customer Portal)
- Experience with integration to SAP or other ERP systems, Pharmacy Systems and Cloud Solutions
- Experience working with Computer validation team to develop Installation and Production qualification documents and assist in testing.
- Working experience in the Life Sciences Pharma, Biotech, Medical Devices, or Healthcare Industries
- Proficient in Project Management with experience in various implementation methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile or hybrid models
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage projects in the execution of identified software technology solutions. Complete project level performance reviews as well as participate in the completion of annual performance reviews for employees.
- Acts as a liaison between the business and other external business partners to manage the coordination of configuration, development of business process, enhancements, and stabilization of business systems.
- Responsible for configuration of system solutions, development, training and maintenance across all application areas. Interface with all levels of users to assist in defining and implementing business process requirements.
- Responsible for compliance with relevant regulatory bodies in the execution of software projects and related business processes. In addition, assists in managing the creation of policies and procedures for the business to meet these standards.
- Research and determine best business practices to meet the goals and objectives of the business utilizing available operational and financial systems and company resources.
- Manage task schedules and issue status reports.
- Support the business in the development of system reports to manage and measure the business processes.
- Validate and document configuration, enhancements, and development.
- Influence other functional areas of the business to achieve business objectives. Facilitates meetings to resolve issues/problems.
- Establish, negotiate, and implement third Party IT Agreements for outsourced Infrastructure and Applications Support, along with vendor management.
- Create and manages detailed project plans used to drive successful project completion.
- Design, develop and implement a self-service information delivery model using portal.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
- Certified Salesforce.com Administrator (ADM-201), Advanced Administrator (ADM-211 or ADM-301) Preferred
- Good understanding of healthcare industry including BAA / HIPAA
- PMP certification preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 12 years’ related experience with a Bachelor’ s degree; or a Master’ s degree with 8 years’ experience; or a PhD with 5 years’ experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, expectation management and training skills, consistently meeting the specific needs of various client groups, project teams, and target audiences.
- Proficient in establishing working relationships with all levels of Management & Financial executives.
- Strong experience in identifying and aligning appropriate IT functional and technical skills and resources necessary to meet strategic goals and business objectives, within prescribed timelines and budget parameters.
- Solid understanding of change management and reengineering.
- Experience with application development and software development life cycle methodologies.
- Experienced in managing culturally diverse workforce and business environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally in a matrix management environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross functionally in a matrix management environment.
- Excellent PC skills with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management)
- Must be able to facilitate meetings to resolve issues/problems with a win/win result.