Principle Technical QA Lead
1325 Boylston St. Boston, Massachusetts 02215
This is a very hands-on, technical QA position. The Principal Technical QA Lead will participate within software project development teams, as well as contribute to or lead priority QA team initiatives. This role should be equally as comfortable leading small QA teams (including manual testing focused QA engineers), and as the sole assigned QA engineer to a project. The Principal Technical QA Lead should be well acclimated to testing and delivering within a rapid release cycle environment.
This Principal Technical QA Lead will be the leader of technical software quality assurance initiatives at CRICO, participating in an agile team of software engineers focused on the Software Development Lifecycle of our applications ensuring high engagement and high performance in application delivery. Be part of a team where everyone is committed to delivering quality software on time and on budget including design, coding, testing, deployment and certification. The selected candidate must be well versed with QA methodologies, various levels and types of testing, and designing/implementing/executing front-end validation, ETL/Data, and, BO report automated tests.
- Team with software developers early in the product development cycle to influence test design, and identify areas for implementing test hooks, to facilitate test, test automation efforts and ensure requirements are feasible.
- Proactive and ongoing research of commercial and open source tools and utilities to ensure that test automation methods remain current and efficient.
- Provide documentation on all test automation solutions, so that scripts can be mapped to the overall test plan, and so that less automation-knowledgeable staff becomes adept at executing and interpreting them.
- Defining testing strategy and test automation strategies and managing the testing efforts of junior staff throughout a project/program lifecycle. Executing test plans and test cases ensuring that they meet provided requirements and technical design objectives.
- Be responsible for effective automated testing of applications during the Software Development Lifecycle including design, implementation, and execution.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA activities internally and externally.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Diagnose defects and track them from discovery to resolution.
- Provides reports to IS project teams and business partners on health and quality of projects, as well as necessary steps to remediate issues and raise overall quality
- Coordinates activities of Quality Analysts and mentor Quality Analysts working offshore
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience
- Total 8+ years of quality assurance experience with knowledge of software development.
- Experience in mapping between business requirements and technology solution at detailed level of technical execution.
- Experience in ETL, data warehousing, and report testing.
- Experience in writing test automation scripts and maintaining test environments.
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases, strategies and QA metrics in support of test execution.
- Knowledge of QA practices, techniques, and methodologies.
- Experience in working with distributed teams located offshore.
- Experience in writing SQL commands and techniques for testing data and report output accuracy.
- Knowledge of relevant SDLC (software development life cycle) methodologies.
- Ability to manage team members and communicate effectively.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Experience with ALM product for Automation testing is desirable.
- Experience with Loadrunner product for Performance testing is desirable.