100 Hancock Street
| Work from home flexibility
Category: Government, Procurement
Job Number: 19746
Position: Procurement and Contracts Manager
Location: Boston, MA - Hybrid onsite/remote
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 4 Months to start
The Procurement and Contracts Manager (PCM) supports the delivery of company IT-related procurement and contracting projects at varying levels of complexity. Under the direction of the Director of Program Planning and Administration, the PCM will work collaboratively with Program staff (including Development, Operations & Maintenance, Security, and Program Management), agency Legal and Finance staff, and key stakeholders to ensure vendor compliance related to policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Combine project management, business, and legal expertise to draft, evaluate, negotiate, and execute procurement and contract documents, including but not limited to terms and conditions, contract closeouts, extensions, and modifications
- Coordinate procurement and contracts activities with program staff, legal counsel, vendors, and key agency stakeholders to ensure projects are defined, documented, completed on time, on budget, and meet stakeholder requirements
- Ensure Program compliance with state and federal (CMS) procurement and contract standards and requirements and engage the appropriate support, as needed
- Conduct direct negotiations with vendors, monitor vendor performance and review vendor invoices to ensure accurate billing
- Monitor and report on budget and expenditures for associated contracts
- Manage and communicate issues and risks associated with assigned contracts to Program leadership
- Ensure all procurement artifacts, as well as fully executed contracts, are properly archived and entered into agency databases, and securely maintained
- Ability to develop a command of complex contract terms in a short amount of time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications.
- Ability to produce clear documentation geared to varied audiences
- Ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Solid project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Positive and energetic with strong cross-functional team experience
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude and financial acumen, including the ability to discuss and monitor associated budgets and expenditures
- An excellent sense of humor and a high tolerance for uncertainty in the midst of shifting priorities
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products: MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA, and HP ALM a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Minimum 5 years of procurement and contract experience in a complex IT setting
- Contract Management certification preferred
- Legal background preferred but not required
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and administering complex contracts and agreements
- Experience managing multiple vendors
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.