920 Winter St Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02451
Position: Product Manager
Job Location: Greater Boston Area
Duration: 4 months
Interview: Phone/In Person
Summary: This company is seeking a Business Analyst to be responsible for providing basic to moderately complex information and analysis to support overall management of a business unit/department.
- Reviews, drafts, and outlines business requirements that impact strategic initiatives and/or business unit objectives.
- Assists in the development and documentation of business requirements and/or business solutions to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Examines various data sources and applies consistent approaches to data interpretation and performance measurement results.
- In coordination with business partners and users, assists to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
- Ensures project dependencies are clearly defined, documented and communicated appropriately in terms of time required to complete.
- May liaise with the business, development team and technology on certain projects.
- Assists in the planning and implementing of Projects and Strategic initiatives of the Business Line Unit/Operations.
- May assist in the development of business unit analytics, department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communicating and/or strategic planning activities.
- Consult with corporate offices, project managers, auditors, client and sub-consultant representatives regarding future proposals.
- Prepare sub-agreements and review and input sub-consultant invoices to ensure contact compliance.
- Skills: Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one' s time. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel; Enterprise Application experience a plus.
- Bachelor' s degree in business management, economics, finance, accounting or relevant field required. 5-7 years experience required.
- Experience with software development process (experience specifically with Salesforce products is a huge plus)
- Ability to observe, understand, and execute business process mapping and documentation
- Ability to translate business processes into comprehensive needs of the HC platform to support such processes
- Ability to translate high level business processes into user journeys / maps and user needs, whether such needs are specifically articulated by users or not (must be able to intuit user needs)
- Ability to lead requirements-gathering and documentation
- Ability to differentiate features & functions that are needed for MVP vs those that can be implemented iteratively
- Ability to understand details of process/system needs within a given function, as well as how various functions interrelate and can benefit from system ‘ linkage’ between such functions and users
- Ability to write PRDs
- Ability to document and execute test scripts
- Ability to comprehend and articulate the connection between software development and product mgmt. (ie, our role as product managers/developers of software/platform products)
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Good technical skills / general knowledge of technical and software vocabulary (ie, someone who describes themselves as ‘ not tech savvy’ or ‘ not really good with computers’ is not a good fit!)
- Good project management skills (eg, understanding chronology of work, communicating to others when certain deliverables are due; knowing their own deliverables; following up, ensuring things get done in a timely and coordinated manner)
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects/initiatives
- Command of MS Office suite (ppt, excel, word)
- Experience as a system/software product manager is a huge plus
- Experience as a product manager in non-software areas is a strong plus
- Experience as a BA is a plus