100 Liberty Way Dover, New Hampshire 03820
Position: Product Owner
Job Location: Dover, NH
Interview Expectations: Phone & In Person
Local Candidate: Local
- 5+ years’ experience
- Responsible for articulating and translating the product vision into feature(s) and tactics for the web portal
- Supports defining minimum viable product (MVP). Owns scrum team backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement)
- Works day to day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy.
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear, removes barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the `voice of the customer. `
- Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potentially features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes. Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Leads problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to understand and communicate dependencies
- Desired Skills:
- Experience acting as Product Owner in Agile development environment
- Kanban/Continuous development experience
- Fast learner, able to onboard with portal products quickly
- Confident but not arrogant. Outgoing personality, someone who will speak up and push the team a little
- Able to work independently, yet ask for help when needed
- Able to make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis.
- Able to influence a diverse group of stakeholders-strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.