One Columbus Plaza
| Fully Remote
Category: IT Business and Systems Analysis
Job Number: 19623
Position: Production Support Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
- The Business Analyst elicits, analyzes, specifies, and validates the needs of business stakeholders. This includes understanding, documenting, and evaluating business processes through interviewing stakeholders.
- The Business Analyst elicits, gathers compiles and documents user requirements and translates them into functional requirements for technology solutions with an eye to improving processes and systems, enhancing their sustainability, and delivering maximum return on investment.
- The Business Analyst must have a thorough understanding of the business, functional, and technical aspects of the applications used within the portfolio they support.
The following duties reflect the primary responsibilities performed by employees in this job. Incumbent(s) may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Evaluate business processes anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and eliciting requirements for change.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and develop optimization strategies.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving
- these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate this back to the business stakeholders.
- Prepare effort estimation
- Perform requirements analysis. Document and Communicate the results of the analysis.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/the project team.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to business owner(s), developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Select, adopt and adapt appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, conducting of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Collaborate with ITS teams and business partners to evaluate and prioritize work
- Triage and analyze incidents and problems. Provide clear analysis results including business impact.
- Assist test analyst(s) with testing duties as necessary
- On-Call and/or after-hours work required
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to support deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Exceptional analytical and statistical skills with the ability to apply them to systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to translate business requirements of packaged solutions
- Ability to research and understand packaged solution upgrades both minor and major. Translates the technical upgrade documentation into business terms the end-user can understand to make decision on. Makes recommendation on these upgrades.
- Experience in in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid environments
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts
Education and Experience Requirements
- INGENIUM, L70, E-App, AWD, PCX, Web-Focus
- Basic Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud applications, web services, server-side components and APIs
- Data analysis skills including ability to perform ad hoc SQL queries
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint Visio and Outlook.
- Education: BS or BA with emphasis in computer science, information systems or business administration
- Experience: 5-7 years related work experience with focus on Life/Annuity Insurance
- Licensing/Certification: Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) and/or Certified Business Analysis professions (CBAP) preferred but not required
- Level of understanding of the business processes
- Clarity of requirements and functional specifications
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work as a team member
- Technical understanding of systems utilized by the portfolio supported
- Ability to produce documents, diagrams, charts, maps, etc. that are clear and consumable by the target audience.
- Time management and prioritization of work; attention to detail.
- Application of organizational and coordination skills to support multi-tasking.
- Demonstration of customer service orientation; feedback from internal and external sources on service provided.
- Demonstration of excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Problem Solving & Complexity
- Able to exercise independent judgment and act on it
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.