Program Manager (ERP)- Corp Bus & Shared Services
One Columbus Plaza New Haven, Connecticut 06510-3326
Position: Program Manager – Corp Bus & Shared Services
Job Location: New Haven, CT
The ERP Program Manager will be responsible for organizing and developing programs in the Corporate segment of the business, including ERP, Financial, HR, and IT applications, to support the organization' s ERP strategic direction, coordinate efforts between different projects, and between different programs. The Program Manager will lead the overall program with strong attention to strategy, implementation, and planning.
- Leads the Organization in an ERP Transformation.
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Developing and managing a budget and operating plan for the program and being accountable for delivering against established business goals and objectives.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities. Working closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Managing program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives.
- Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven expertise and demonstrated success in ERP program management delivery.
- ERP Systems Evaluation and Implementation Program - ability to meet with key business stakeholders to solicit feedback on ERP systems used, known process gaps and consolidate this feedback. Present feedback to senior management of current state with recommendations on how to pursue an ERP System initiative.
- Identifies ERP solutions in the marketplace. Works with business leaders to identify potential RFP candidates.
- RFP Development:
- Meets with key business leaders to complete RFP.
- Responsible for creating and managing the RFP process.
- Collects RFP feedback, consolidates and presents findings to the business.
- Assists the business in getting to a " short list" of candidates, helps drive the business to a final selection.
- Assists with vendor contract negotiations.
- Experience with programs related to Financial Systems, ERP Systems, IT Service Management and Portfolio Applications, and HRIS systems.
- Strong understanding of cloud based application architectures.
- Understanding of waterfall and agile development methodologies.
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles.
- Knowledge of budget preparation, cost estimating, monitoring, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
Systems and Technical Knowledge
- Expert ability to work with Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint.
- Experience with agile tools (e.g. Jira, Rally).