One Columbus Plaza New Haven, Connecticut 06510-3326
Position: Program Manager
Job Location: New Haven, CT
The Program Manager will be responsible for organizing and developing programs to support the organization' s strategic direction coordinate efforts between different projects, and between different programs. The Program Manager will lead the overall program with strong attention to strategy, implementation, and planning.
- Organizing programs and activities.
- Developing new programs.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing and managing a budget and operating plan for the program and being accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven expert experience in program management.
- Experience with programs in CRM Systems implementations.
- Strong understanding of cloud based application architectures.
- Understanding of waterfall and agile development methodologies.
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles.
- Knowledge of budget preparation, cost estimating, monitoring, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
System and Technical Knowledge
- Expert ability to work with Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint.
- Experience with agile tools (e.g. Jira, Rally).
Education: at least a BS in Business, Operations, Management, Computer Science or equivalent professional work experience.
Experience: 10+ years’ experience coaching and implementing change. Must be experienced in leading an Agile Transformation in an organization that had little to no agile practices in place.
Licensing and Certification: One or more certifications is preferred (e.g. PMP, CSM, MPM, PgMP).