One Columbus Plaza
| Work from home flexibility
Job Number: 20105
Position: Program Manager
Location: New Haven, CT – Hybrid Onsite/Remote
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Senior level management with overall responsibility for managing highly complex or enterprise-wide programs consisting of multiple projects and teams.
- Manages all aspects of design, development and implementation of the programs.
- Coordinates scheduling and team building.
- Manages, plans and monitors the activities of Project Managers.
- Implements and governs business project management standards and builds governance around those standards and compliance with SDLC processes.
- Acts as planning and communication liaison between project teams, technical teams and business sponsors.
- Manages communication to senior management regarding status, issues and challenges around major technical projects.
- Manages individual projects as needed.
- Directs the activities of Project Managers including project assignments.
- Trains or provides appropriate training; coaches, provides feedback, counsels and motivates Project Managers.
- Reviews larger, more extensive requirements of projects to assure adequate resource assignment. Works with resource managers to obtain resources as needed to achieve the objectives of one or more business projects, any of which could span multiple areas and business functions. Implements project management standards and builds governance around those standards and compliance with Systems Development Life Cycle processes.
- Acts as direct interface between ITS and business sponsors to ensure priorities are established and understood and to coordinate and allocate resources in a way that best supports the objectives of the business. Creates strategies for project risk mitigation and contingency plans.
- Based on knowledge of the industry, lessons learned on prior projects and the Order’s specific operating requirements, establishes criteria for projects to meet needs. Plans and schedules project deliverables, goals and milestones; determines and manages resources needed to accomplish project. Creates documentation and ensures processes are followed.
- Conduct post-launch user feedback sessions to support continuous software improvement.
- Provide leadership updates on change management efforts including readiness, enablement and adoption.
- Lead your program team and deliver strategic value.
- Collaborate across the company with senior stakeholders and other functional leaders
- Use communications effectively to inform and influence your intended audiences. Proactively network with relevant stakeholders to advocate for the needs and success of your program.
- Drive vendor product selection activities, using established RFP process.
- May participate in Statement of Work (SOW) activities as assigned.
- Develop and manage a budget and operating plan for the program and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives.
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- May mange individual projects within a program or outside of a program as assigned.
- On call/after hours work required.
Professionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communication, Flexible and Adapts to Change, Service to Customers and Clients
- Management/supervisory experience: proven expertise in directing the efforts of project team(s)
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Exceptional business judgment
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to manage programs and projects from concept to successful implementation possessing solid management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple business projects in a cross-functional environment
- Experience working closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time)
- Experience influencing senior management and setting expectations for major cross-functional initiatives
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills in order to coordinate collaboration across multiple disciplines, along with the ability to effectively motivate people to work as an integrated team across locations, and cultures
- Experienced in facilitation skills in conflict resolution, meeting facilitation, group dynamics and personality styles
- Demonstrated success at getting buy-in for your ideas with a demonstrated affinity for metrics
- Excellent team-building, motivating, and conflict-resolving qualities
- Ability to manage key customer relationships, including senior managers
- Expert understanding of project management
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and looks for feedback, articulates clearly, and actively listens.
- Teamwork skills with the ability to work in complex cross-functional settings
- Comfortable working in a constantly-changing work environment with multiple competing projects and priorities; able to work well with complexity and ambiguity
- Understanding of waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles
- Knowledge of budget preparation, cost estimating, monitoring, and fiscal management principles and procedures
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Effectively participates in teams and moves the team toward completion of goals
- Ability to resolve conflicts
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Understands and utilizes Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies based on project need
- BA or BS in Business, Project Management, Computer Science or other business-related field
- 10-15 years of business and/or IT experience with at least 5 years leadership experience and 5 years managing projects or equivalent combination of training and experience
- PMP certification desirable
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a majority of the workday.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.