60 State St Boston, MA 02109
Position: Project Analyst
Location: Boston, NYC, DC or Dayton, OH
Must Haves: 3-5 years’ experience as a BA and/or PM. Bachelor' s Degree Required. PMP preferred.
Interview: Must be available to interview on site in Boston, DC, NYC or Dayton
The Information Services (IS) Project Analyst is responsible for shaping and managing the execution of technology-focused projects of significant complexity from conception through delivery. This includes working with the legal practices and administrative departments to understand their business needs and to identify and shape the solutions to address these needs. The IS Project Analyst is also responsible for successfully managing the execution of projects, including project definition, task and resource planning, budgeting, vendor and stakeholder management, and solution delivery.
Key Business Analyst-related responsibilities include:
- Focuses on strategic initiatives aimed at enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
- Develops a deep knowledge of the firm' s business and IS service delivery capabilities.
- Works with the business to identify pain points and process improvement opportunities.
- Defines functional and technical solution requirements to address business pain points.
- Works with the business and relevant IS teams to evaluate technology solutions and recommend solution alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems and/or processes.
- Assesses the business impact and cost of implementing recommended changes.
- Prepares communications and delivers recommendations to leadership on alternative solutions and/or enhancements. Maintains excellent relationships with all levels of the matrix organization.
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a positive " can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
Key Project Management-related responsibilities include:
- Works with multi-functional teams to define, estimate, and document the overall scope of projects with significant complexity.
- Develops and presents business case, develops project plan and identifies resource needs, procures necessary resources, defines roles on project teams, leads team meetings, and assures healthy team dynamics.
- Develops robust project risk management plans to ensure timely development, testing, and delivery of projects with no impact to business continuity.
- Serves as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives within a highly matrixed environment.
- With limited guidance, develops a sound implementation plan, meeting the project objectives, within the budget and time constraints.
- Proactively manages the project delivery and approvals with little supervision, resolving action items, issues, and risks.
- Identifies subtle issues that could cause major conflicts. Monitors progress against plan and proactively communicates variances.
- Initiates building and maintaining strong relationships with project team members across functions and more senior client stakeholders.
- Uses conflict-resolution skills to facilitate strong team dynamics.
- Develops and manages relationships with third party vendors, contractors, and other partners. Identifies opportunities for process improvement and initiates changes based upon project experience.
- Ensures client satisfaction with the project process and project team by effective and timely communication including status reporting, continual risk/issue assessment/management and escalation, and resolution of issues as they arise.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work on various teams and contribute to the success of the teams.
- Effective conflict resolution skills. Experience managing multidisciplinary tasks.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Bachelor' s Degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Completion of a Certified Project Management Program desired but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years of business analyst and/or project management experience.
- Strong analysis, planning, organizing, and coordinating skills.
- Solid understanding and experience with project management methodology and tools used to deliver assigned projects.