Project Manager / Business Analyst, Scientific Research
50 Northern Avenue Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02210
- Looking for a Project Manager/ Analyst with a good understanding of target and drug discovery, scientific data, and experience with scientific software and informatics in a research environment.
- The successful candidate will work closely with scientists and software engineers to re-define systems and meet the challenges arising from cutting-edge research.
- Will translate what is needed to developers working with Python, Angular, and Vue.
- Support scientific research with software systems that capture experimental design, enable data analysis and interpretation.
- Gather user requirements and perform needs assessments to guide development and selection of software systems.
- Will work very closely with the scientific community, digesting information for the development team.
- This person must have the ability to support what scientists are asking for with recommendations and understanding, and also consider what is needed vs what is desired.
- Project Management and Business Analysis skills
- Science background in chemistry, biology, or another scientific field
- Strong understanding of data management and data analysis needs associated with exploratory research.
- This person should be capable to collaborate with a community of research scientists to define solutions and have a proven record delivering effective tools to scientists in a research environment.
- Must have pharmacy or biology experience.
- Experience writing user stories
- Exposure to Agile development
- Experience in the design and implementation of software systems in biomedical research.
- Bachelor’ s degree in biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics or other science discipline and/or computer science
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Strong customer orientation and the ability to map customer needs to enterprise level systems and data
- Strong knowledge of software design and implementation including for complex workflows and datasets