60 State St Boston, MA 02109
Position Title: Project Manager
Job Location: Boston, MA
Interview Expectations: phone & on-site
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: 3-5 years’ Project Management experience. Bachelor' s Degree Required. PMP preferred
Internal Job Notes:
- Reports to Rich Taylor – Director Programs & Planning
- Sits on the solutions side of IT structure
- This role will replace a senior level PM that is leaving
- Looking to replace with someone mid-level, 3-5 years’ experience
- PMP is ideal
- MUST be polished
- Must have excellent communication skills (able to deliver solutions and presentations)
- Analytical thinker
- **Key is that the PM can understand the business perspective on what they are doing. They should be able to understand what they are doing and think through the project
- The Project Managers work on a variety of different projects – some are lawyer facing legal solution delivery, while others are more infrastructure, networking focused (infrastructure / security / app upgrades)
- Some of the projects they are currently doing:
- intranet redevelopment
- enterprise search capabilities
- O365 deployment for the firm
- 5 Project Managers – all Sr. Program Managers (all male) - they deliver all the projects that WH does. PMs team sits in both DC & Boston.
- HR phone screen
- Rich webinar or in-person interview
- Panel interview with 4-5 director from IT
The Information Services (IS) Project Manager is responsible for successfully managing the execution of technology-related projects, in accordance with the firm’ s quality and schedule expectations. This involves managing critical aspects of solution delivery, including: project definition, task and resource planning, budget management, vendor and stakeholder management, risk and issue identification and mitigation, and managing day-to-day team and stakeholder status and communications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with multi-functional teams to define, estimate, and document the overall scope of projects with significant complexity.
- Develops and presents business case, develops project plan and identifies resource needs, procures necessary resources, defines roles on project teams, leads team meetings, and assures healthy team dynamics.
- Defines, manages and enforces detailed project plan and uses PM best practices to deliver projects against schedule, cost, resource, scope and quality expectations. Monitors progress against plan and proactively communicates variances.
- Proactively manages the project delivery with little supervision, identifying and resolving action items, issues, and risks. Identifies subtle risks and issues that could cause major conflicts.
- Initiates building and maintaining strong relationships with project team members across functions and more senior client stakeholders. Uses conflict-resolution skills to facilitate strong team dynamics.
- Develops and manages relationships with third party vendors, contractors, and other partners.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and initiates changes based upon project experience.
- Ensures client satisfaction with the project process and project team by effective and timely communication including status reporting, continual risk/issue assessment/management and escalation, and resolution of issues as they arise.
- Contributes to the Firm' s overall initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a " can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work on various teams and contribute to the success of the teams.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Experience managing multidisciplinary tasks.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Bachelor’ s Degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Completion of a Certified Project Management Program desired but not required.
- Minimum 3 years of IT Project Management in medium to complex project environments.
- Strong analysis, planning, organizing, and coordinating skills.
- Solid understanding and experience with project management methodology and tools used to deliver assigned projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects in a fast-paced environment where resources are often shared across projects.