410 Blackwell St Durham, North Carolina 27701
Position: Project Manager
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 month CTH
Local: Local only
Requirements: blend of IT/Technical skills and some Epic experience ideally. Must work with a positive attitude, be detail oriented. Wants local only candidates.
The IT Epic Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of an Epic Amb roll-out. He / She will be responsible for the planning, oversight and documentation of all aspects of the project lifecycle. The Project manager will work closely with leadership to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments and the project team for support.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Creation of definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring alignment and technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop, review, and evaluate detailed project plans, schedules and budgets to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification / change management techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk and issue management to minimize project risks and issues
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Keeps informed of technical and management advances in IT including introductions of industry best practices
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in program/project management, portfolio management, systems development methodology
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities through projects or other work planning experience
- Manage and deploy initiatives by influence. Develop and deliver presentations, training sessions and demos.
- Bachelor’ s Degree required
- 5-7 years of IT and healthcare work experience
- 3-5 years of program/project management experience
- 3-5 years of equivalent leadership experience
- Epic Certifications preferred including implementations
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid facilitation and organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Project Professional
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Willingness to travel and be in Durham M-Th