1 Capitol Hill
| Fully Remote
Job Number: 19656
Position: Public Health Informatics Manager
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months to start
- Our client is a diverse and interactive agency with broad-ranging public health responsibilities.
- The agency facilitates cooperation and coordination among the state departments that administer health and social service programs include Medicaid.
- This role oversees inter- and intradepartmental informatics initiative for public health and other partner agencies.
- Establish relationships of trust with leadership and program staff at divisional and center level at the client. Become a trusted advisor on informatics, funding, documentation, staffing, and training related to information needs, data, analytics, and health information technology
- Oversee and establish the direction of health informatics and information systems, collaborate effectively with colleagues, management, and other public health officials; problem solve; make sound decisions; determine and use appropriate data management
- Supports process validation, change, improvement, planning and innovation to existing practices by providing operations departments and organization leadership to support their informational needs.
- Oversee work of informatics staff, including supporting their work to develop/build on existing relationships with public and private health care partners
- Collaborates with Leadership for development of future strategies for initiatives based on data reporting and analysis, leads the ongoing measurement, evaluation, and improvement of organizational-wide performance by participating in establishing priorities, identifying best practices, participating on committees, preparing reports
- Develop effective relationships and ensure communication with health care partners/stakeholders.
- Provide leadership in areas of data collection, system functionality, interoperability, data linkages and/or systems integration across programs, security, and system reliability
- Collaborate with Leadership for development of future strategies for public health informatics initiatives and report progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, monitor, and maintain compliance with HIPAA and HITECH as applied to related protected health information
- Assists the Data Modernization Director in developing and maintaining public health informatics strategic plans
- Identifies, develops, and utilizes appropriate forums to solicit input and provide feedback in the development of clinical practice and public health informatics
- Champion the development and maintenance of policies and procedures relevant to public health information systems
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, computer science or related
- Minimum of 5 years of public health informatics experience
- Experience working in the public sector, specifically in public health agencies.
- Expert knowledge of health care, public health informatics concepts, Project Management to support safe, effective, and efficient use of health information technology.
- A self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to articulate and present information using strong communication skills.
- Experience in data management and statistical analysis, specifically using secondary data sets.
- Several years of experience in program or project management, development and implementation of information systems, preferably in health information technology or a health care setting
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), and ability to work with diverse groups both inside and outside of state government
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, and other related software
- Experience in Public Health informatics and/or Epidemiology
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.