QA Analyst (Clinical, Backend Testing)
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, MA 02421
Position: QA Analyst (Clinical, Backend Testing)
Job Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
The Quality Assurance Analyst performs software testing on projects and smaller enhancements. The responsibilities include the review of requirements, development of test cases, test execution and reporting.
Duties / Activities
- Participate in the product life-cycle from design to release, following Agile software development methodology.
- Write test plans and test cases and execute the tests against the applications under test in the QA environment.
- Work with developers and QA on various projects interfacing with financial and clinical products.
- Report issues in Jira/Quality Center and work through the resolution of the defects.
- Work with the technical team and core development engineers to address the product usability, reliability, functionality, and performance-related issues.
- Test the front-end and the back-end (Oracle and SQL Server databases) on the Web based products.
- BS in IT preferred
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in Software QA and testing in the Web based application architecture in the Healthcare industry.
- Strong experience with Oracle and SQL Server Databases.
- Fluent in writing complex SQL Scripts (Multi-Join, Unions) using Toad, WinSQL and SQL Developer.
- Experience testing Clinical applications highly desirable
- Have a strong technical background (quantitative or engineering degree is preferred).
- Comprehensive understanding of QA methodologies and how to adapt them to the specific needs of our organization and products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Agile Experience required.
- Great experience with ALM/Quality Center for managing the test cases and the testing cycles.
- Experience with modern Web Frameworks
- Be a self-starter and ability to work with a small group of QA and Developers.