Position Title: QA Analyst
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: manual QA experience
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for software quality assurance and will assist with the implementation of technology initiatives. Supports recommendations for implementation into existing workflows.
- Contributes to the testing efforts of multiple projects from inception to post implementation using Standard Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Adheres to all departmental standards, including project estimating, project plans, test strategies, test plan writing, execution, test management tools, and related documentation.
- Responsible for software quality assurance and implementation of system enhancements, system initiatives, configuration changes, and/or other business opportunities.
- Recommends improvements or modifications to applications as a result of testing to ensure the highest quality product.
- Attends review sessions and works closely with QA Manager to raise technical issues and provide relevant input to ensure the product design will successfully integrate into the existing environment.
- Bachelor' s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or 4 years equivalent work experience) preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in software quality assurance preferred.
- Well versed with testing processes and SDLC methodologies.
- Knowledge of MS Office and test management tools.
- Demonstrates understanding of quality assurance as part of the development process.
- Experience in project estimating and planning process.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and prioritization skills as demonstrated by the successful and timely completion of assignments.
- Experience with MEDITECH software a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interaction with others and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative and matrix environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software application testing