QA Test Analyst
410 Blackwell St Durham, NC 27701
Position: QA Backend Tester
Location: Durham, NC
Type: Contract to hire
Local: Only considering local candidates
Must Haves: Testing in a HC environment- preferably from an EHR or Practice Management environment
The Quality Assurance Analyst performs software testing on projects and smaller enhancements. The responsibilities include the review of requirements, development of test cases, test execution and reporting.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Participate in the product life-cycle from design to release, following the Waterfall and Agile development methodology.
- Write test plans and test cases and execute the tests against the applications under test in the QA environment.
- Test multiple versions of the product concurrently with different feature sets.
- Work with developers and QA on various projects interfacing with financial and clinical products.
- Test all of the inbound and outbound Interfaces using HL7 messages to and from all other databases and components.
- Report issues in HP Quality Center and work through the resolution of the defects.
- Work with the technical team and core development engineers to address the product usability, reliability, functionality, and performance-related issues.
- Test the front-end and the back-end (Oracle and SQL Server databases) on the Web based products.
- Develop test automation VB Scripts in HP Unified Functional Testing.
BS in IT preferred
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in Software QA and testing in the Web based application architecture in the Healthcare industry.
- Comprehensive understanding of QA methodologies and how to adapt them to the specific needs of our organization and products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Agile Experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with HP Quality Center for managing the test cases and the testing cycles.
- Experience with modern Web Frameworks and SQL (SQL Server and Oracle Data Bases).
- Be a self-starter and ability to work with a small group of QA and developers locally and remotely.