QA Test Analyst
410 Blackwell St Durham, North Carolina 27701
Position: QA Test Analyst
Job Location: Durham, NC
The main function of a QA test analyst is to develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. An entry level QA test analyst will typically run scripts given to them; as they progress, the analyst is responsible for the development of scripts.
- The position performs analytical process steps described in the Caterpillar Quality Management System and provides feedback to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Typical steps include collecting/analyzing quality data and investigating nonconformance to determine permanent resolution.
- Executes global quality processes as defined in the Caterpillar QMS Coordinate and conduct internal quality audits Administer area metrics Draft and submit local training and documentation as necessary Support certification activities Perform short-term Quality activities such as responding to requests for print interpretation, deviation requests, engineering changes, inspection methods, etc.
- Coordinates various Quality training programs as well as the sample part program.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve non conformance.
- Investigates problems on worked purchased finished, rough, and inter-plant material.
- Coordinates long-term investigation programs as required.
- Investigates, develops and implements electronic clerical or data handling systems to increase the capability and efficiency of the division.
- Generates periodic reports regarding the quality status of high dollar suppliers and any significant trends indicated by the data.
- Provide technical expertise in the analysis, development and implementation of new and revised systems and instructional methods.
- The position is a specialist within the group and provides interpretation and problem solving advice to others inside and outside of the department.
- Typical internal customers include employees from two or more work groups in a Division.
- The position' s primary customers are internal.
- Most of the problems faced by the position are similar to those faced before and follow a pattern.
- The incumbent resolves issues by selecting the best solution from a few choices.
- Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Process Quality, Internal Quality Certification, ISO 9000 Certification The position monitors adherence to quality standards and develops action plans for addressing below standard performance.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’ s time.
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Bachelor' s degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
- 2-4 years’ experience required.