100 Hancock Street
| Work from home flexibility
Category: Government, IT Quality Assurance
Job Number: 19603
Position: Quality Assurance Test Manager
Location: Boston MA- Hybrid
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 5 Months to start
The Quality Assurance Test Manager will collaborate with business groups, the software development teams and peer QA Leads with an Agile mindset to deliver high-quality software solutions on a fast-paced, nimble project. You will shepherd these teams to have them provide hands-on functional testing, regression and system testing using scripts, tools and automated tests.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced QA Leader with a development and/or QA background who can direct the activities of multiple teams. The successful candidate will be able to apply QA process and best practice and principles to software development and release processes, apply their experience with a variety of software QA tools to accomplish these processes, and to describe requirements for new tools and automation needed by the teams. This leader is business focused, values continuous quality improvement and understands its importance to a successful Quality organization.
Detailed Of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stay current on stakeholder needs and the program vision
- Assist the program with realizing quality expectations by providing regular updates on quality metrics and steps taken to meet defined benchmarks/SLAs
- Interface directly with business and engineering teams to understand and influence quality outcomes
- Develop an overall test strategy to enable the highest quality for all deliverables of the program
- Responsible for test strategy development, creation of test plans and monitoring and reporting on test execution
- Custodian of all Test phase entry and exit criteria and their enforcement
- Collaborate with a peer team of quality professionals to ensure the highest quality product deliverables
- Review test summary reports ensuring adequate testing coverage for key functional areas.
- Support stakeholders during each release/implementation.
- Co-own the program' s requirements management, change management, and defect management tools and track requirements/defect status throughout the project for the functional areas.
- Understand and proactively review existing processes, identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change that would benefit the Program
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of IT applications experience as a QA engineer
- 2+ years of experience managing Quality Assurance Teams, including Manual and Automation Testers
- 2+ years of experience supporting a Benefits management program’s eligibility management processes
- Demonstrated ability to understand and negotiate the needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills and experience in supporting technical and non-technical staff
- Strong background in developing trust and confidence in relationships with stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- The candidate must be process-oriented with sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through including the flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment.
- The candidate must be energetic, driven, and committed to project success while working under tight time constraints and pressure.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, knowledge of Teams, SharePoint, JIRA, and a CI/CD framework
- Must have multiple years of working with Agile SDLC processes
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.