Research Software Engineer
1295 Boylston St Boston, Massachusetts 02215
Position Title: Research Software Engineer III
Job Location: Boston, MA
Interview Expectations: phone & in-person
Local Candidates: Yes
Required Skill Set: Strong full-stack developer with at least 5 years’ experience, strong open-source development experience.
Our client is seeking an experienced full stack web developer to join one of their Health IT teams. The team writes services, applications and frameworks for web and mobile platforms in various programming languages and likes to give the latest and greatest technology a try.
The ideal Research Software Developer III:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience, plus at least 5 years of experience in real-world software development.
- Lives and breathes full stack web development using open-source development and tools, can discuss the pros and cons of various web application toolkits.
- Writes quality code: source control, testing, and clear documentation are all musts.
- Experience with at least one web framework.
- Willing to quickly learn new applications and technologies.
- Has strong technical, analysis, debugging and problem-resolution skills.
- Comfortable doing basic system administration in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with both statically and dynamically typed languages.
- Share a link to your work on GitHub.
The following strengths would be most welcome on the team:
- NodeJS - Express or HAPI.
- React, jQuery.
- FHIR and/or OAuth2 (ideally SMART) experience.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- React Native, Redux.
- Writing CLI apps in NodeJS.
- Strong UI development skills, including HTML, CSS, Less, SVG.
- DOM and deep understating of the browser constrains (from ES2018 down to IE8
- and ES3).
- Linux - know how to setup and manage Linux server VMs, Docker.
- Python, JSON, XML, Git (GitHub).
- Big Data and ML.
- Manage AWS and Heroku and Google Cloud.
- NoSQL, MySQL Cluster.
- HAPI server (http://hapifhir.io/).