Revenue Cycle SME
1550 W McEwen Dr Franklin, TN 37067
Position: Revenue Cycle SME
Location: Franklin, TN
Duration: 12 months
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Support company’ s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adhere to the company’ s Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
The Revenue Cycle SME will be responsible for translating previous experience within Nephrology and Internal medicine practice management from a business and IT perspective to continually enhance the performance of products and services. Familiarity with a wide range of healthcare specific practices, concepts and procedures is required. This role will rely on judgment and experience to consult internally and externally on a broad range of topics and with groups/practices regarding technology needs to facilitate a positive experience.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
Under the supervision of a Lead and applications management, the primary responsibility is to provide design and works with the Epic electronic health record (EHR) build teams to ensure smooth transition from design decisions to build within the applications. Supports the Revenue Cycle governance committees and other operational groups in decision-making. Serves as an advocate for change within their area of influence. Devises practical solutions to technology challenges in a way that compliments information and practice management workflows for all users. Leverages knowledge of processes and workflows to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of interrelated systems.
- Responsible for driving the company culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Participate with on-site presentations, implementation meetings, sales meetings and trade shows
- Providing sales support and delivery of Epic demos
- Support the PB and Access team leads and build teams as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to resolve queries and complex issues related to product enhancements, product road map
- Audit practice workflows to insure compliance with applicable billing and coding requirements
- Act as the voice of the customer and communicate between users and application teams in user centered design
- Continually refine internal reporting needs for users and lead the reporting efforts to establish national benchmarks for practice performance
- Lead project managers and trainers during complex PM installs and customer work sessions
- Perform practice assessments. Define workflow, training, enhancements and fixes needed to optimize revenue for practices
- Maintain knowledge of coding requirements in the Nephrology, VA, and Dialysis specialties
- Participate internally regarding product and service lines specific to company
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor' s of Science degree in medical or allied health
- Professional licensure in a medical or allied health area of study (e.g., nursing, radiology, laboratory, physical therapy, pharmacy) required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Epic Certification and advanced work experience; Epic Resolute PB or Epic Prelude/Cadence preferred
- Multiple EMR systems knowledge
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the configuration relationships between sub-systems, applications, modules, etc.
- Competency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience working with interfaced/integrated multi-vendor applications
- Experience working with revenue cycle systems or system implementation teams for complex projects and/or application development
- Minimum of three (3) years recent practice management experience required. Formal or experience-based knowledge of education and information technology analysis, design, implementation and support preferred.