SAP FI-CO Functional Consultant
920 Winter St Greater Boston Area, MA 02451
Position: SAP FI-CO Functional Consultant
Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
- Facilitate the implementation and support of SAP Financials (focus on FICO Controlling – Cost
- Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Product Costing, Profitability Analysis, Project
- System, Results Analysis, Unsettled Costs, Month End Close, Overhead assessment and settlement.)
- Perform detailed analysis of complex business process requirements and provide appropriate system solutions; identify, interpret, validate and document customer requirements
- Facilitate workshops to collect business requirements
- Map client business requirements, processes and objectives; develops necessary product modifications to satisfy clients' needs.
- Design, customize, configure and testing of FI/CO modules.
- Identify gaps, issues and work around solutions.
- Act as liaison with client for troubleshooting: investigate, analyses, and solve software problems.
- Document functional designs, test cases and results.
- Proactively identify and propose business process and/or system enhancements
- Provide consulting services on both new implementations and existing support projects
- Act as a liaison between the business functions and the technical team.
- Provide ad-hoc training and user support as required
- Work self-directed and independently; may act as subject matter
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a full cycle implementation as well as in support projects.
- Minimum of 5 years SAP experience supporting General Ledger plus 3 or more of the following functions: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Accounting,
- Management Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Inter-company Accounting, Project System.
- Experience in FI integration points with other SAP modules like MM, HR, PP and PM.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple deliverables and projects at the same time
- Experience in a Professional Services or Distribution company is an asset
- Understanding of accounting business processes
- Ability to understand business processes from a customer perspective
- Ability to work in a team environment, effectively interacting with others
- Must be results oriented, and demonstrate a can-do attitude – adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness