920 Winter Street Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02451
Position: SAS Programmer
Job Location: Greater Boston Area
Duration: 4 months Contract to Hire
Support mission, vision, core values, and customer service philosophy. Adhere to Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements. Support RTG Medical department clinical trials and regulatory submissions for pharmaceutical products and medical devices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor
- Develops professional expertise in writing and validating programs, primarily SAS, for analysis datasets, tables, figures, and listings for clinical studies, or for regulatory submissions; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works with general instructions on routine jobs, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness.
- Solves problems of moderate scope in statistical programming for clinical trials conducted by RTG Medical Department. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive working relationships with clinical trial team members and other functional groups.
- Provides assistance to junior level staff with general tasks that require a better understanding of statistical programming, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Refers to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Documents programming procedures and coding.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent interruptions; changing priorities; working long hours occasionally to complete projects. Handling multiple projects with tight deadlines, working after hours may be required to complete work tasks and meet deadlines.
- Travel: 5%
- Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
Experience and Required Skills
- 2 – 5 years’ related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Good SAS programming skills in data manipulation, statistical analysis, graph and macro
- Knowledge of ICH/FDA regulations regarding data structure for submission, statistical analysis, clinical practices and other pertinent guidance