SME - Technical Specialist (EMR, System)
1981 Marcus Ave New Hyde Park, New York 11042
Position: SME - Technical Specialist (EMR, System)
Location: New Hyde Park, NY
As SME – Technical Specialist you will provide technical support in the planning, coordination and implementation of major Enterprise mission-critical systems projects. You will collaborate with Infrastructure team members and business units to provide analysis, design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of assigned applications. You will also provide end user assistance and training in conjunction with go-live/upgrade activities and acts as the liaison between application and engineering teams.
- Provides analysis, design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation and support of assigned applications.
- Liaises with service lines and technical teams to translate complex business and technology specifications into relatable concepts to expedite communications and project execution.
- Establishes run-book(s) and performs routine technical procedures on assigned systems (ie. File transfers, batch processing, application operational procedures).
- Performs Level1/Level2 support for application issues related to application Infrastructure.
- Participates in support activities including issue tracking, issue resolution, documentation, capacity planning, and functional testing and quality assurance.
- Assists management in the creation of product roadmaps.
- Prepares standard operating procedure documentation related to the application for the purposes of operational support and cross-training.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Healthcare Information, Information Science, Computer Science or Business Administration, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a technical support, business analysis or Project management role in a clinical or healthcare environment.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in a technical support, business analysis or Project Management role in a clinical or healthcare environment, required.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, required, Visio, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required.
- Knowledge of SMS, EDIS, AEHR, SIS or related systems, highly preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare policies and procedures, including HIPPA, PCI, required.