SQL Server DBA/Developer
25 Enterprise Center Middletown, Rhode Island 02842
Position Title: SQL Server DBA/Developer
Job Location: Middletown, RI
Interview Expectations: Phone & in-person
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: Strong experience with SQL Server
Reporting directly to the Chief Database and Server Administrator, this role will employ database and windows server skills to build, manage, maintain and optimize the organizations operational and reporting databases. The role will ensure that ETL data is accurately sourced, mapped, readily accessible, timely, and relevant to business’ needs. It will work closely with staff in CDAO, marketing, sales and operations and 3rd party suppliers.
- Manage the data extract and load processes for all operational and reporting databases.
- Create metadata, data maps and definitions for all source system data
- Manage windows server instances and maintain all operating system and application software.
- Create and manage all data transfers from internal systems
- Manage data flows to the data warehouse and across systems as needed.
- Participate in development and management of data governance, adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Experience liaising between data analytics and marketing, sales, operations and customer experience functions.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL Server (2008 R2/2014/2016)
- Hands on knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence offering of products - Reporting Services, Integration Services or other ETL tools
- Knowledge of high availability architecture including data replication, transaction log shipping and database mirroring
- Knowledge of Windows Server (2008 R2/2012/2016) maintenance and administration
- Extensive knowledge of software maintenance lifecycle
- Extensive knowledge of FTP and production data transfer mechanisms including PGP encryption
- Direct experience managing large databases
- Experience with configuration management tools, i.e. Team Foundation Services.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; able to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with the project management function
- Bachelor’ s degree required, Master’ s degree preferred
- Mortgage industry experience a plus
- Collaborator and Team player who goes the extra mile to help the teams and the business even if the exact problem is not in his/her leadership purview