SW Development PM (R&D)
920 Winter St Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02451
Position: SW Development PM
Location: Greater Boston Area
Duration: 3-6 months, Contract to Hire
Candidates must be local
Must be able to interview in person
Must be able to work onsite.
Required: SW Dev experience, R&D a plus, healthcare or med device a plus
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of engineering project management, resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Leads complex R&D projects across all phases of planning, implementation, and production readiness and support.
- Creates, optimizes, and drives structured schedules and project plans. Sets and meets deadlines with quality deliverables, effectively adapting and modifying plans based on changing conditions or data.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for engineering project management activities.
- Represents the R&D teams as core team member in the cross-functional program teams.
- Collaborates across all the functional areas (R&D, Marketing, QA/QC, Regulatory, Clinical, Operations, Service and others) necessary to insure successful project completion and delivery.
- Anticipates, identifies, documents, and manages key program risks; proposes and drives appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Prepares project dashboards and communicates progress clearly across organizational boundaries and levels from individual contributor to senior executive.
- Plans resource requirements and negotiates Core Team resources with R&D functional managers; assist Core Team Members in negotiating extended team staffing.
- Leads teams to define and prioritize scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Assist Core Team Members in resolving extended team and functional issues.
- Builds effective relationships with core and extended team members, functional managers, senior management, and customers.
- May provide assistance to lower level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of related experience in product development and/or project management, preferably in the medical device industry; with a Master’ s Degree 3 years of experience required.
- Must be proficient in the use of Project management tools to develop schedules, allocate resources, and track progress.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience leading high-performance technical teams.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding track record driving projects to completion on time, within budget and in high quality.