SW Engineer (Clinical Programming, Java, Oracle)
200 Technology Sq. Boston, Massachusetts 02139
Position: Software Engineer with ETL
Location: Cambridge, MA
Must work onsite
Interview: In Person required.
Our client is seeking a contractor with solid knowledge of data standards (CDISC), as well as excellent experience in software engineering. The selected contractor will perform data curation/ ETL programming activities to support data cleaning, domain mapping, and loading of multiple oncology data streams into an Oracle data warehouse.
Software development work will include the creation of scripting to automate data cleaning and loading where possible. New programming includes development of metadata search tools to determine what oncology datasets are loaded and available per set of patients or trial, across the Oracle data warehouse and a genomics database. Working with the Oracle data warehouse owner, API development will be needed to deliver found data in JSON format to informaticists and clinical scientists for use in searching for new data associations.
- 6+ years of experience in developing/maintaining integration solutions within the life sciences – pharma/ biotech/ CRO
- Strong SQL Programming (Oracle) experience required. Solid Oracle experience (Oracle 12 preferred), with knowledge querying into a relational format using JSON required.
- Expertise in building RESTful web services using XML/JSON payloads, interacting with external web services, databases, and data warehouses, is required.
- Knowledge of Linux/ Unix required. Familiarity with the use of AWS platform components preferred
- Experience with clinical CDISC SEND & SDTM standards, including domain definition and controlled terminology use, strongly preferred.
- Experience in data mapping using CDISC 3.2 standards strongly preferred. Experience in mapping safety and oncology data domains (identification, results, drug exposure, tumor response), especially biomarker and NGS data, from early/ translational clinical trials strongly preferred
- Strong experience extracting, transforming, and loading (ETL) preclinical and clinical data from a variety of data sources to a target Oracle data warehouse required
- Understanding of Authentication & Authorization protocols required
- Knowledge of SOA design principles and best practices required
- Knowledge of clinical data standards (NOVDD, NCDS, extensions to CDISC) and controlled terminology helpful
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written, required. Ability to write clear/ concise code and system documentation required
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced team environment using agile development methodologies. Exposusure to Atlassian software documentation tools, including Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket (Git) helpful. Must be responsible for proper completion of assigned tasks and duties
- Able to successfully interact on an occasional basis with clinical customer groups in multiple disease areas to resolve queries as needed
- BA/ BS in Computer Sciences or Life Sciences required; MA/ MS in Computer Sciences or Life Sciences preferred