SW Engineer - Cloud / IoT
920 Winter St Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts
Position: Software Engineer – Cloud / IoT
Location: Greater Boston Area
Type: Contract or Direct Hire
Interview: Phone and In Person
Required: SW Eng, .net MS Stack, 5-8 years exp, cloud, should have IoT
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- The software development team at Global Digital Solutions (GDS) is chartered with building ConnectedHealth platform that allows deep data integration of kidney dialysis products with patient care systems to help clinicians improve patient care globally. The SW Engineer Cloud will be working on new and continuing software development projects throughout the GDS medical software space.
- The diversity and complexity of the GDS development work ranges from design, development and implementation of IoT solutions, PKI services, multi-tenant clinician portals, integration with external EHR system and mobile applications. All accomplished within the context of medical software space.
- The primary area of focus for this role will be contributing by designing and further development of the IoT core of the system and its integration with other systems. The person may be expected to contribute to other ConnectedHealth projects as assigned.
- The role requires effective decision-making skills along with the ability to clearly communicate and collaborate at all tiers of management and types of engineering to achieve team success
- The person in the role is expected to direct and provide technical guidance to on-shore and off-shore teams to develop, enhance or replace systems or sub-systems within ConnectedHealth ecosystem.
- Develops and establishes detailed Engineering Input specifications to ensure proper product function, safety and quality in alignment with approved User Inputs.
- Leads in debugging, testing, code reviews and other types of investigations and design reviews.
- Provides advice and mentor other staff with new learning to increase overall department and group expertise and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’ s Degree in a software engineering or related engineering discipline is required. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience and required skills
- Deep understanding of software design considerations like microservices, design for security and domain driven design.
- Must have the ability to work at both high and low levels of abstraction to collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Proficient in SDLC processes in regulated software space
- Experienced in .Net framework, .Net Core and associated Microsoft technologies
- Experienced in developing and deploying cloud-based applications and serverless architectures, preferably on the Azure cloud.
- Proficient with the concepts behind the design, implementation and operation of a Connected Product or IoT architecture.
- Directly contributed to the implementation of at least one IoT or Connected Products type of project. Familiarity with PTC Thingworx IoT would be preferred.
- Proficient in usage of relational and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server etc)
- Familiar with OAuth2, SSO and other authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Familiar with HL7 and FHIR standards
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
Must be able to work independently or with very general direction.