Security Architect, Active Directory
200 Technology Sq. Boston, Massachusetts 02139
The Security Architect - Active Directory will implement Identity and Access Management vision, strategy and solutions in line with information security strategy and standards. This includes development of IAM standards, processes and tools.
Work closely with IT, business stakeholders and Security IAM leadership to define business use of enabling IAM technologies, products and related infrastructure to add value to the business, improve information security posture and meet regulatory requirements.
Ensure technical oversight, lead technical implementation and support the adoption and on-going use of IAM systems and solutions while adhering to security standards, processes and procedures.
Ensure continuous improvement within the IAM security architecture by introducing and implementing emerging security technologies and practices.
In addition to accountabilities listed above in Job Purpose:
- Complete oversight of entire Active Directory & Azure Active Directory architecture lifecycle
- Lead the evaluation, design and development of Active Directory & Azure Active Directory technical requirements, solutions, and implementation roadmap to ensure functional, reliable, secure and cost effective technology environment.
- Analyze business requirements in collaboration with various stakeholders and effectively translate these into functional requirements of the target solution, which should remain in line with information security strategy and standards.
- Work across business and IT teams to analyze and define requirements for Active Directory & Azure Active Directory integrations.
- Lead and /or support associated programs, ensure required processes, procedures, system design documentation are developed and implemented.
- Provide to global project and operational teams technical advice, guidance, expertise and risk analysis as well as support with remediation requirements.
- Contribute to the development of overall technical strategies, designs, standards and procedures that support business strategies.
- Effectively liaise with other teams in information security & risk management, infrastructure & architecture management as well as business functions to deliver the target technology environment and contribute to IT objectives.
- Strongly promote and advocate AD architecture principles and practices.
- Define and report to Security Architect IAM technology issues, trends, risks and leading practices.
- Deliver AD solution utilizing internal and external resources in a matrix organization
- 10+ years of relevant working experience, 7 of those years with Active Directory
- 5+ years of IT security background
- Experienced Active Directory architect with broad and in-depth technical, analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; and the ability to communicate AD concepts to technical as well as nontechnical audiences.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of general IT infrastructure technology, systems and management processes
Skills/Job related knowledge
- Good mediation and facilitation skills
- Good knowledge of IT Project Management
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management
- Experience with compliance and security requirements including data privacy
- Knowledge of standards and frameworks such as ISO 2700x, CobiT, NIST, ISF Standard of Good Practice and ITIL