255 Westminster Street
Category: Government, Software/Application Development and Architecture
Job Number: 19416
Position: Senior .NET Developer
Location: Providence, RI
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 11 Months
General Statement of Duties:
The Sr. NET Developer will be responsible for developing the new Automated Data Transfer (ADT) agent. The ADT is a custom-built program that collects student level data from the Local Education Agency (LEA) and securely transfers it to the database.
Works under the supervision of the Data & Technology Services Director. May work as part of teams and in collaboration with others with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgement to achieve results. Work is subject to review regularly and/or upon completion of the development.
Scope of Work:
- Update the Automated Data Transfer (ADT) agent, to develop the agent upgrade and implement the installation.
- Gather requirements to design and build a new Automated Data Transfer agent that transfers data securely to the database systems.
- Create, design, develop, modify, and implement new web applications.
- Develop test strategies and participate in the testing processes.
- Develop technical system documentation for each project being developed.
- Provide technical support to internal/external end users for the initial deployment period.
- Install the new ADT agent on LEA student information systems.
- Train LEA technical staff to use and configure the new ADT agent.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Experience developing web services that are capable of securely transferring data.
- Experience designing a web interface with the .NET framework.
- Experience working with and manipulating large amounts of data.
- Skilled in object-oriented programming and design skills.
- Skilled in communications and interpersonal exchanges as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, education stakeholders, the general public, etc.
- Skilled in writing, maintaining, testing and debugging code in applicable programming languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years of related information technology experience that satisfies the required qualifications detailed above.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.