Senior Analytics Analyst
89 A Street Needham, MA 02116
Position Title: Senior Analyst, Medicaid ACO
Job Location: Greater Boston Area
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: Healthcare, strong SQL, exp with analytics
Reporting to the Director of Analytics, the Senior Analyst participates on a team to meet the information, reporting, and analytic needs of the Health Care Network.
The Senior Analyst will learn and support multiple contract models and population health programs. They will be a critical member of the Analytics team, performing the following functions:
• Conducts sophisticated business analyses to support ACO program development and ongoing operations, grounded in deep expertise and functionality with both internal and publicly available health care data sources
• Analyzes and recommends opportunities and financial impact of strategic partnerships, new programs, and key ACO related initiatives
• Delivers accurate and on-time deliverables, including reports, cost estimates, models and ad-hoc analyses
• Develops comprehensive, timely, and accurate analyses, reports, and presentations on utilization, leakage, risk performance, care management, and quality metrics to support the operation of ACO;
• Works with business and operational leaders to identify opportunities to generate medical savings and quantify ROI for related programs
• Identifies opportunities to improve and enhance the analysis and information provided to leadership, participating network providers, and partner organizations
• Works with analysts and analytic tool vendors to improve standard report design
• Supports ad hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis and insightful interpretations
• Respects the confidential and sensitive nature of patient health information, maintaining the highest degree of compliance to internal and national governing regulations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Analytic and technical skills, coupled with the ability to translate complicated data into useable information.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment. Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment consistent with achieving service excellence.
• Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small and, at times, large audiences.
• Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Highly proficient in SQL, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
I. Education: BA/BS required; Master' s degree preferred.
II. Experience (Type & Length): 3-5 years in a healthcare analytics role.
III. Certification/Licensure: N/A
IV. Software/Hardware: Possess strong skills in SQL, Excel, and PowerPoint
V. Other: Understanding of the health care delivery setting. This role reports to the Manager of Analytic