Senior Application Analyst
67 Millbrook St Worcester, Massachusetts 01606
Leads and coordinates all aspects of major I.S. Applications projects in multi-platform environments, from the definition of the clients needs to the delivery of the complete applications package, with procedures and documentation, to the Data Center for production. Responsible for the selection or development, implementation, testing, documentation, maintenance and utilization of applications software to effectively support the clinical or business information systems needs of assigned clients.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Over 5 years and up to and including 7 years of experience.
- Current Epic certification(s) or ability to achieve based on UMass EPIC Project Commitment.
- Must be able to work off hours and participate in on-call rotation.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Leads or performs studies to develop a clear understand of clients clinical or business processes, and corresponding information systems needs. Analyzes existing reports, procedures, systems and controls. Conducts feasibility studies and cost/benefit analyses.
- Designs clinical and business information systems to meet clients needs. Develops detailed conceptual designs/specifications which define the scope and objectives, and functional and reporting requirements. Develops application level specifications for systems performance, systems integration and data base design. Produces data flow diagrams. Devises and modifies procedures. Performs and leads studies of the impact of major systems conversions.
- Apprises client of I.S. design issues, ensuring that the client is informed of alternatives, the results of cost/benefit analysis, and the problematic implications of changes under consideration.
- Determines the appropriate means for the delivery of necessary applications software, whether through the acquisition of available products or through the development of custom applications software.
- Develops and produces custom applications software. Prepares detailed specifications from which software will be written. Writes programs using a variety of programming languages.
- Installs standard applications software products in clients personal computers and host networked computers. Tests installed systems to ensure proper performance at clients site.
- Develops, reviews, and documents systems test plans. Leads or performs systems test. Ensures that test requirements are met. Revises/debugs software.
- Leads or performs tasks for the preparation of complete information systems documentation, to include instructions, operating procedures, flow processes, security and control requirements.
- Acts as an internal consultant, providing guidance and leadership for complex project to I.S. staff.
- Fosters/provides on-going support to assigned clients, and serves as liaison between clients, vendors and other I.S. staff for effective response to users needs.
- Specifies clients training needs and provides coaching and training to foster clients self sufficiency and optimizes system utilization. Coordinates with I.S. training staff for the delivery of courses and workshops.
- Serves as project coordinator for the implementation of new information systems and systems modifications. Provides direction to others as assigned. Reports variances between actual progress and project schedules, and suggests and implements corrective action.
- Leads or assists in the development of requests for proposals and in the evaluation and selection processes. Leads or assists in the selection of applications software products.
- Maintains a knowledge of current products, systems development and programming techniques, clinical and business practice trends, and related information systems technologies.
- Performs or leads special analyses or studies.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- All responsibilities are essential job functions.