| Work from home flexibility
Category: Government, Software/Application Development and Architecture
Job Number: 20295
Position: Senior Architect
Location: Columbus, OH – Hybrid Onsite/Remote
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 2 months
Our client is searching for a candidate for a highly experienced Senior Systems Architect. The qualified candidate will be tasked with leading the efforts to plan and remediate the results of a system gap analysis and create agency-wide standards for cloud development.
The Senior Architect must provide exceptional expertise and leadership in the architectural design, development, and implementation of overall system of large-scale systems, and will have the following responsibilities:
- Leads the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies, legacy data, and technical debt, and recommends solutions for improvement.
- Analyzes gap analysis report creating project plan for remediation, including overseeing, and reporting on, remediation efforts through successful implementation.
- Documents current and future system designs creating a gap analysis and plan to resolve any deficiencies.
- Consults on application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise technology architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technology architecture to accommodate immediate or future project needs.
- Follows State standards and documents the new application standards. Where State standards inhibit application success, document, recommend solution, and work with governing IT body to find a solution.
- Leads technology change to deliver business outcomes while also virtually leveraging subject matter experts from any other needed technical area in the development and infrastructure.
- Manages, organizes, and administers systems analysis and preparation of applications and operating systems programming to process data and solve complex business process problems.
- Works closely with the product managers, product owners and EA peers (e.g., enterprise, business, information, security, and solutions architects) to enable infrastructure agility, scalability, and resilience to support required product needs throughout product life cycles.
- Creates methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control.
- Creates and delivers working, production-ready IT services that can be easily leveraged by agile teams.
- Compiles documentation of program development and subsequent revisions and prescribes standards for terms and symbols used to simplify interpretation of programs.
- Collaborates with business constituents, other EA team members, project teams and staff in various IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
Highly Desired Skills
- Previous experience leading and remediating gap analysis reports.
- Proven leadership to build relationships with stakeholders and development teams to define and analyze needs and conduct research to advise on or recommend solutions and best practices, using knowledge of theory, principles, and technology.
- Be familiar with a variety of the application development technologies, most notably Azure DevOps, .NET Core, third-party APIs, and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) design principles.
- Have proven experience defining and optimizing systems and application architecture and delivering large-scale applications.
- 10 plus years System and/or Solutions Architect experience, with experience in software development, testing, project management and graphic presentations experience.
- 10 years full stack development, including skills/experience in Advanced Microsoft SQL (Structured Query Language), ASP.NET Core MVC, C#, Object Oriented Java Script, Telerik Controls / Kendo UI
- Experience in enterprise-level software development projects
- Previous Commerce work experience
- Experience with system development lifecycle methodologies, including agile software development, especially DevOps, including testing frameworks and version control systems.
- Knowledge of different modeling languages (i.e., UML, ArchiMate)
- 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study in information technology, system analysis or related field
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.