Senior Backup Data Protection Engineer
3 Huntington Quadrangle Melville, New York 11747
Position: Senior Backup Data Protection Engineer
Job Location: Melville, NY
Type: Full Time
Interview: Phone and In Person
- Requirements include a minimum of 5 years’ experience with primary data protection technologies including IBM Spectrum Protect, Cohesity and Rubrik. This individual works with data protection software on a day to day basis and has the skillset in supporting associated infrastructure, backup configurations, cloud archive and recovery of customer data.
- Other requirements include experience with VSphere, Hyper-V, AIX, Linux and Windows operating systems. Experience with a variety of tasks including: installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining AIX and Windows operating systems and subsystems; performing problem isolation, identification and resolution; monitoring system and data backup performance; administering system backups and recovery; administering IBM V7000 disk storage systems a plus; administering IBM TS3500, TS4500 and EMC Data Domain tape system; KORN shell programming; system documentation; familiar with Brocade SAN fiber fabrics, TCP/IP networking.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Business Administration, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years systems engineering support and maintenance experience in assigned technology area, in a highly available and complex mission-critical environment, required.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years systems engineering support and maintenance experience in assigned technology area, in a highly available and complex mission-critical environment, required.