Senior Business Analyst IT Systems
1983 Marcus Ave New Hyde Park, New York 11042
Position: Senior Business Analyst IT Systems
Job Location: New Hyde Park, NY
As I.T. Systems Senior Business Analyst, you will support and enhance larger and/or more complex Information Technology service line systems and initiatives in identifying project objectives, design, conversion, testing and implementation of project plans. You will also act as a liaison between business/clinical customers, vendors and Information Technology teams and may lead and guide lower level Business Analysts as needed.
- Supports and enhances larger and more complex IT service line systems and initiatives through identification of project objectives (discovery), design, conversion, testing and implementation of project plans.
- Utilizes understanding of the service line departmental operations and knowledge of the application inventory including purpose, business owner, vendor and high level functionality to support initiative completion.
- Utilizes knowledge of Corporate IT direction and is able to assist customers leverage the strategy.
- Interacts with business/clinical customers to understand needs and assist in collecting, documenting and analyzing business requirements. Documents and communicates clearly and timely with customers on project status and issues.
- Engages appropriate health system resources and vendors to discuss and resolve challenges, technical solutions and associated cost estimates.
- Meets with customers and vendors to define and resolve project issues.
- Facilitates meetings with customers, clients, vendors and appropriate IT staff.
- Ensures processes and systems are compliant with Health System policies, applicable laws and regulatory changes. Brings potential impact on service line operations to manager' s attention.
- Works with Project Manager to ensure a review and tracking process exists throughout the project life-cycle.
- Leads efforts to discuss and document process workflow with the customer.
- Reports on and documents outcomes, project benefits and improved processes. Recommends process improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Healthcare Administration or related field, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible IT administration or technical experience, including experience leading projects, required. Thorough knowledge of IT functions, required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, required. Visio experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of project management principles and process, preferred.
- Knowledge of Project management tools (MS Project), preferred.