1 City Hall Square
| Work from home flexibility
Category: Government, Project/Program Management
Job Number: 22486
Position: Senior Cybersecurity Project Manager
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months to start
Our client is seeking a Cybersecurity Project Manager to lead and manage various City-wide cybersecurity initiatives. The Cybersecurity Project Manager will report directly to the client's, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and collaborate closely with the Director of Cybersecurity Operations and Director of Identity & Access Management. The Cybersecurity PM will also need to work with other teams within the department and throughout the city. As a member of the Cybersecurity team the Cybersecurity PM will be expected to continue to advance the client's position as a leader in using advanced security tools to secure the City’s government.
The Ideal Applicant
Responsibilities May Include
- Possess 5+ years of experience managing multiple technology projects (preferably cybersecurity) with broad scope, ambiguity, and high degree of difficulty with a demonstrated record of successful project management of large-scale projects with multiple complexities.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with best practices in project management.
- Excellent personal and team management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and have demonstrated an ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- In-depth knowledge of cybersecurity and/or identity & access management preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory and cyber regulations preferred.
- Develop and maintain all project management documentation and reporting for assigned projects. This documentation includes, but is not limited to, project charters, budget, work plans, schedules, and reports.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and facilitate teamwork with multidisciplinary groups; the candidate will be required to facilitate cross-departmental strategy sessions and process improvement initiatives.
- Assemble and work with cross-functional project teams.
- Managing project risks and escalating important decisions points to executive leadership.
- Lead planning process which includes defining both technical and business needs resulting in a complete project scope.
- Control and monitor project task and milestone completions relative to the overall project management plan.
- Effectively assess project impact of new business requirements and manage scope creep.
- Facilitate decision-making across service areas and departments.
- Ensure that the broader requirements of applications, such as performance, security, and reliability, are satisfied as part of the project execution phase.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.