25 Travis Street
| Work from home flexibility
Category: IT Quality Assurance
Job Number: 14087
Position: Senior ETL Tester
Location: Boston, MA - Hybrid
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 5 months
As a Senior ETL Tester, you will apply your expertise with Big Data Technologies to ensure data accuracy throughout our university’s complex data architecture. You will be responsible for ensuring that data has been accurately loaded from a source to the destination after business transformation. This role also involves the verification of data various middle stages that are being used between source and destination.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze business requirements and transformation rules for conversion into data validation test scripts.
- Design and create test strategies that leverage reusable and scalable ETL testing scripts and/or templates.
- Code and execute complex SQL queries that validate the accuracy of big data content from source to target tables.
- Execute testing of data analytics and data integration.
- Track defects and report results.
- Partner and collaborate with Database Architect and Database peers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 8+ years experience in Quality Assurance or comparable database testing.
- Strong data analytical skills: familiarity with data flows, data objects, and data transformation logic.
- Advanced SQL scripting capabilities for Oracle Enterprise.
- Experience in testing data warehouse applications is highly desired.
- Having some level test automation experience is highly desired.
- Experience with Informatica (Preferred)
- Experience with Informatica DVO, Query Surge, or comparable data validation tools (Preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate the approach
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.