Senior Epic Interface Developer
Position: Senior Interface Developer
Job Location: Durham, NC
Interview: Phone & In Person
Type: Direct Hire
- Coordinate the interface project with the client, vendor and others on development team for various aspects of implementation.
- Analyzes business requirements of diverse scope and complexities in order to support business management objectives.
- Work with vendors to ensure HL7 messages are configured to work with Interface Engine.
- Perform project management functions to meet deadlines and successfully implementation of HL7 interfaces.
- Documents interface status throughout the implementation life cycle.
- Clearly and proactively identifies project risks and institutes meaningful risk management campaigns to mitigate risks.
- Develops interface applications and functionality in accordance with the business and technical specifications.
- Manage all aspects of the interface using Mirth Connect or similar interface engine and all related inter-system data transmissions.
- Applies current technology to solve technical problems and ensure system interfaces and application performance are optimized.
- Act as subject matter expert providing recommendations and analysis regarding interface technology solutions.
- Provide training and mentoring of new Interface Developers, identifying new processes, materials and tools to improve the interface process.
- Assists and collaborates with other team members on product development tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’ s degree required or equivalent work experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in interface software implementation experience.
- Ability to act independently given general direction.
- Ability to work creatively, analytically, and independently in a problem solving environment.
- Complete understanding of HL7 messages, Interface architecture and Implementation practices.
- In-depth knowledge of experience with EMR/PM software, operating systems and Lab systems.
- Skilled expertise with Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with and oversee the necessary teams (Tech Ops/Development) in a collaborative effort as needed for implementation/support of the interfaces
- Completes all test plans
- Ability to comprehend technical specifications delivered by client services implementation team to implement interface solution.
- Troubleshoot issues of configuration and HL7 error messages during implementation and post Go Live
- Internal Contacts: All levels of information systems management and staff.
- Technical vendors and business collaborators.