Senior Epic Project Manager
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Implementation Project Manager focuses on the assigned customer implementation needs for the delivery of a successful implementation process from the initiation of kick-off through the integration and Epic applications and the Neurphrology ambulatory clinic related clinical disciplined customers.
Responsible for performing a variety of administrative, technical, and supervisory work. Oversees assigned customers, application team members and project management, which may include Epic, Acumen products, and other ancillary applications.
Provide leadership to the team and collaborate across departmental boundaries to ensure Epic project and application ownership goals are met on time and within budget.
Leads team members and addresses and escalates any conflicts or grievances in a timely manner. Excellence in customer service and superior teamwork skills are essential. Serves as a resource to team members and assists in troubleshooting, mentoring, and escalation of issues as required.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Works with the Epic electronic health record (EHR) build teams to ensure smooth transition from design decisions to build within the applications.
- Serves as an advocate for change within their area of influence.
- This position will be responsible for managing one or more large Epic cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity and performing a variety of administrative, technical, and supervisory work.
- Oversees assigned applications and project management, which may include Epic, Acumen products, and other ancillary applications.
- Provide leadership to the team and collaborate across departmental boundaries to ensure Epic project and application ownership goals are met on time and within budget.
- Manages team members and addresses any conflicts or grievances in a timely manner. Excellence in customer service and superior teamwork skills are essential.
- Serves as a resource to team members and assists in troubleshooting, mentoring, and escalation of issues as required.
- The position purpose is to provide operations and technical oversight and support to 2+ application group(s) of staff functions.
- Coaches, counsels, and resolves application-related problems.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports, as needed.
- Keeps leadership advised of all instances, (outages, customer issues, etc.) as they relate to applications and systems.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Uses project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adheres to high quality standards and meets customer expectations.;
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.; Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.;
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources (people/money) of the work effort being managed.;
- Partners with senior management to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.;
- Selects appropriate work procedures or approaches to address project challenges.;
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, or demonstrate ability grow in communication effectiveness at all levels of the organization.;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a BA/BS degree and at least four years of project leadership experience.;
- Multiple EMR systems knowledge;
- Epic certification or proficiency in 2+ or more Epic applications.
- 3+ years experience supporting Epic users, preferred.;
- 3+ years experience in managing projects
- PMP preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Must have experience in Healthcare IT.;
- 2+ years of direct supervisory experience;
- 3+ years experience in managing project knowledge and understanding of the configuration relationships between sub-systems, applications, modules, etc.;
- Competency with Microsoft Suite products.;
- Experience working with device integration and/or system conversion and interfaces, preferred.;
- Must possess, or demonstrate ability to grow in, extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools such as those defined by Project Management Institute (PMI) and included in Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- This should include knowledge and use of resource management practices and change management techniques.;
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule;
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the configuration relationships between sub-systems, applications, modules, etc.;
- Epic Certification(s) and proficiency in 3+ Epic application areas or equivalent experience, preferred.