Senior Financial Analyst - IT Finance
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, MA 02421
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Financial Analyst provides analytical support and focus on the economic research and study in areas of financial analysis within the assigned function(s). The incumbent performs in-depth and complex analysis in compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable regulatory requirements. The Sr. Financial Analyst facilitates accurate systems which gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts for management review.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize knowledge of financial principles by reviewing, reconciling and consolidating submitted financial data of complex scope on a routine basis; collaborating with cross-divisional teams on the accurate and timely resolution of outstanding issues.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) by providing in-depth analysis, review and presentation of diverse financial reports.
- May provide a contribution to close processes on a routine basis.
- Provide essential contributions to the efficacy of operations through identification, analysis and maintenance of data; supporting management in the development and implementation of process improvements and initiatives.
- May participate in process reviews, business process analyses and internal control testing; ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and other regulatory requirements within the assigned function(s).
- May serve as a contact for cross-divisional teams.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years’ related experience; or a Master’ s degree with 3 years’ experience;
- Excellent computer skill with strong demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email applications.
- Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and financial systems (e.g., SAP, Hyperion, etc.).
- Working knowledge of GAAP and SOX.
- Working knowledge of healthcare industry preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, tasks and client conditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships through diplomacy and tact.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and alternately within a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Develop new Excel and BEx Analyzer reports.
- Assist with financial administration of Clarity Project Portfolio Management tool.
- Assist with monthly close by reviewing GL detail to ensure accuracy of ITG financial statements. Collect and review department actuals. Work with accounting on reclassing entries. Create, verify and distribute financial reports.
- Create, analyze and distribute variance and trend reporting to budget/forecast. Generate cost center/account reports from SAP and ensure GAAP compliance.